Memorial Drive between Downtown Atlanta and Moreland Avenue has become Atlanta’s next hot spot for mixed use development. As much as $1 billion in new investment is planned including apartments, shops, restaurants, offices and even a music venue surrounded by neighboring Grant Park, Cabbagetown and Reynoldstown.
Last week’s Atlanta Business Chronicle cover story reports what’s happening, who are the players and the impact of the surrounding area. Jeff Fuqua of Fuqua Development states, “It’s the hottest corridor in Atlanta right now…It’s happening instantly.”
Projects in the works include:
- 905 Memorial Drive – Fuqua Development’s 17 acre redevelopment of the Leggett & Platt site into a mixed-use project.
- 780 Memorial Drive – Urban Realty Partners plans a 300 unit apartment community.
- 777 Memorial Drive – Paces Properties redevelopment of the 10-acre Parmalat-Atlanta Dairies site into a mixed-use project including 300 residential units and music venue.
- 519 Memorial Drive – Paces Properties redevelopment of the former Habitat for Humanity building into a mix of loft offices, new restaurants and neighborhood shops.
- 475 Memorial Drive – Atlantic Realty plans a 200 unit apartment community.
- 271 Memorial Drive – Urban Realty Partners is underway on “The George,” a new 130 unit apartment building.
Epic Development has acquired several properties on Memorial Drive for future redevelopment as well.