Fall is definitely in the air this week! With the changing seasons, it’s time to perform quarterly home maintenance to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Here is a quick checklist from the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association to get started.
- Turn on your furnace for a trial run and replace or clean filters
- Check and repair interior caulking as needed – sinks, tubs, showers, thresholds, walls, trim, etc.
- Adjust registers for heating
- Inspect fireplace
- Open chimney damper before first fire to inspect
- Clean and wax wood cabinets
- Clean and seal stone countertops and floors
- Clean and remove debris from gutters
- Check and repair or replace weatherstripping on exterior doors
- Check alignment of gutters, downspouts, and splash blocks to ensure that water is properly diverted away from the home
- Rake leaves from your lawn to ensure sunlight and air circulation for grass
- Perform lawn maintenance for your type of lawn
- Check and repair caulking as needed